Kids II, Inc. - Product Development Engineer – Infant Toy
Are you an experienced Product Development Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity at an innovative, fast paced, growing product development company that is quickly becoming a leader in the juvenile product industry? Would you like the opportunity to have an immediate impact on the success of a company and be rewarded for your efforts? If so, Kids II could be the right place for you. You should enjoy a fast paced, highly collaborative and dynamic work environment.
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique.This is who we are. Are you one of us?
You will be part of a team that interfaces with every aspect of the company and is directly responsible for all phases of the product development cycle with a strong focus on product safety, reliability and cost. Your ability to work and effectively communicate with our counterparts in Asia are critical in this role. Due to the nature of the position, good communication skills, organization and collaboration are a must. Your project management skills and understanding on plastic part design are key elements to your success and the subsequent success of the company. If this sounds like you, please apply to this position to learn how we can work together to make great products that differentiate us from the rest of the industry.Interested in the day to day duties?
What’s your background?
- The PDE must have the ability to operate effectively within a team, drive consensus (promote cooperation): contribute to group efforts, support team decisions; treat others with respect as well as have the ability to work independently (displaying initiative and having the motivation to be successful).
- Work with cross-functional team members including individuals residing with Product Development, Marketing and Operations throughout the product development cycle.
- Seek cost reductions on a continuous basis to maintain profitability and competiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the development of electromechanical devices in concert with product, branding and company metrics.
- Responsible for coordinating the fabrication of prototypes and maintaining a daily profitability report by project.
- Be resourceful in working with outside engineering and prototype resources both domestically and internationally.
- Identify and resolve quality and potential quality issues.
- Negotiate with vendors with respect to product costing, tooling and scheduling requirements. A working knowledge of MS Project is recommended.
- Traveling to vendor factories and offices to resolve product development issues.
- Cultivate and encourage vendor relationships through an understanding of company policies, and procedures that may affect the vendor’s performance and the company’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university and 2-3 years related experience.
- Must be skilled in assessing quality of electronic data (3D models) for both prototypes and production of new products to achieve optimum assembly and product aesthetics for a given design, requiring a significant knowledge and use of CAD software including ProE.
- Have a rudimentary understanding of packaging, including types of, printing and construction.
- An understanding of electrical requirements and/or circuit development for consumer products is ideal.
- The ability to utilize engineering knowledge to add value to product development and manufacturing solutions.
Want to know more?
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section.Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace