Kids II, Inc. - Sr Production Designer
Are you the type of person that enjoys seeing projects come to life? That thrives on the details of a project, because you know that the details are what make or break it. Do you get excited about organization, production and developing solutions to creative challenges? In this role you would be in control of the production and execution of Kids II’s wide range of marketing materials and would be able to make recommendations and decisions on the best way to deliver on the creative team’s projects. You will have the opportunity to develop best practices for the team, manage vendor relationships and be a key part of the team’s quality control efforts.This is who we are…Are you one of us?
Look no further! Be a part of Kids II history which shows over 40 years of success, growth & recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant & toddler products as we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe. As an employee, you want to be the most important piece of our business because they have helped establish & enhance our culture, & still continue to do so every day. If you like working within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table then this is the place for you!
Be part of a growing organization who hosts volunteer opportunities & social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie outside the workplace to promote the sense of comfort & support that enhances teamwork? At Kids II, we also have company-wide awards ceremonies so that we take time to recognize the talent, effort & dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012! Interested in the day to day duties?
The MarCom Production Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the production of Kids II’s marketing materials. Ensuring that all materials are produced on time, in budget, meet quality standards and achieve a high level of efficiency. The Production Manager collaborates with the MarCom Creative Team on the production needs of a wide range of marketing materials, develops appropriate solutions, outlines production schedules and manages the phases of execution (estimating, file preparation, file hand-off, proofing and delivery). Developing strong relationships with a wide network of vendors plays an important part in this role and in effectively producing work for Kids II. In addition, the Production Manager manages the organization of assets and the production processes required to develop all marketing materials. This includes defining team production processes, updating them as necessary, monitoring implementation, and also developing and policing file structure, naming convention and file formats for the Kids II Asset Library.
What’s your background?
- Collaborate with Designers on project budget, specifications and expectations
- Coordinate and direct vendors for various projects and communicate effectively to achieve finished product including: estimating, planning, proof approval and performing press-checks or final reviews as needed for quality control
- Outline production schedules for projects, lead schedule reviews, provide regular updates to team and managers, make adjustments as necessary throughout the process and own schedule until project completion
- Determine production specifications for projects (materials, dimensions, delivery, etc.)
- Prepare concept files for production based on project & vendor specifications
- Must be able to follow brand guidelines and project specifications and maintain consistency throughout all projects
- Manage production process, budgets and resources to ensure that projects are consistently on-time, in-budget and to standard
- Outline and implement standard operating procedures for production operations and make sure they are followed by team members
- Set production quality standards and monitor all projects to make sure they are on target
- Document and manage the network of resources required for all types of projects
- Make recommendations on quality standards improvements, cost control measures and production procedures adjustments on an on-going basis
- Lead production of on-going projects such as sell sheets and mockups
- Maintain organized archiving system and adhere to naming conventions within the department
- Manage inventory of department supplies and coordinates orders with Office Services
Want to know more?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field with 3-5 years experience in print production or design.
- Detailed knowledge of production design, the print production process, materials and various forms of execution
- Proficient in the standard design and business software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Xcel, Powerpoint)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Communicates feedback, solutions and challenges effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage workload with multiple project deadlines efficiently
- Receptive to constructive feedback and offers alternate solutions when challenged
- Proven ability to negotiate with vendors to maximize budget
Kids II is a company that pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees & our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership & community. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents & our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
Because we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. The energy & commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated & fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard & playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace