Kids II, Inc. - Logistics Coordinator
Kids II is looking for a Logistics Coordinator with experience in tracking international and/or domestic shipments from all suppliers from the point of origin until delivered to final destination. This role will act as a backup while managing & maintaining all system data pertaining to inbound & outbound shipments.
Are you experienced with maintaining purchase order systems, preparing & receiving shipment documents, while being a detail oriented & an efficient worker who can keep up in a fast paced environment? Furthermore, are you also looking for a great opportunity with a standout company that is rapidly growing with talented employees who are recognized for their effort & dedication? In addition, do you also want to be associated with a company who prides themselves in a unique culture that is cultivated by its employees who works hard & play hard?
This is who we are…Are you one of us?
Look no further! Be a part of Kids II history which shows over 40 years of success, growth & recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant & toddler products as we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe. As an employee, you want to be the most important piece of our business because they have helped establish & enhance our culture, & still continue to do so every day. If you like working within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table then this is the place for you!
Be part of a growing organization who hosts volunteer opportunities & social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie outside the workplace to promote the sense of comfort & support that enhances teamwork? At Kids II, we also have company-wide awards ceremonies so that we take time to recognize the talent, effort & dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012!
The ideal qualified candidate will be highly motivated while having experience with receiving & reviewing shipping documentation. Duties in a typical work day as the Logistics Coordinator would involve reviewing commercial documents for all containers shipped globally, Maintaining Kids II, Inc. purchase order system, & Follow up & obtain documentation for internal record keeping as required by US Customs. Other detailed tasks associated with the position are not limited to, but include the following:
· Receive invoices & compare to weekly shipping summaries.
· Review commercial documents for all containers shipped globally (To ensure they are complete and match the PO data, ensure unit price matches the PO. Confirm that the system ETA is accurate for the vessel goods are loaded on).
· Maintaining Kids II, Inc. purchase order system (Update receipts at the end of each week/month for all business segments).
· Prepare tooling data to be sent to the broker weekly to file tooling assist.
· Follow up & obtain documentation for internal record keeping as required by US Customs.
· Upload GCC documents into Pointman Software for all activity being handled in the US Manufacturing facilities.
· Input shipment detail & costs for all locations to review the freight (US, Mexico, Australia, Canada, Europe, & South Africa).
· Work with the Far East & US Manufacturing locations to ship samples to the Mexico testing lab (For items needing health permits or renewals).
· Update the Mexico permit database & NOM label database on the portal as new items are approved for shipping into Mexico.
· Prepare all shippers letter of instruction, export checklist, & commercial documents for export shipments (whether moving by truck or ocean following the specific export routing instructions by customer).
· Put all affiliate export shipments on the water in Pointman as they are shipped. Upload all export shipping documents & instructions to the portal (For the manufacturing facilities, brokers or customer needs).
· Complete bedding applications (For renewal of bedding registrations. Once received back as confirmed filed update the status database on the portal).
· Create truck builds for single & mixed loads (For all export shipments out of the US from the EC manufacturing locations by truck & by container).
· Monthly data download for all locations & separate shipments from receipts (To assist in preparing monthly metrics).
· Additional tasks associated with the position involves uploading GCC documents into Pointman Software, creating container SKU reports for each US & affiliate delivery point & upload to the 3PL or Manufacturers portal projects.
What’s your background?
· 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
· Reading, analyzing, & interpreting general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Writing reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals.
· Effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, & the general public.
· Defining problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions.
· Calculating figures and amounts.
Want to know more?
Kids II is a company that pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees & our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership & community. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents & our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement & a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve quality of life for all our employees. If you are interested in Kids II, check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information.
Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE