Kids II, Inc. - IT Project Manager
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. This is who we are. Are you one of us?
Interested? Here’s what we need: The selected Project Manager will work independently and with minimal assistance to drive various IT projects. The Project Manager will be expected to develop requirements and deliverables as well as have personal accountability for project performance. In addition, the Project Manager should leverage and demonstrate accepted project management practices that support delivery of projects on time, on budget, and with high quality. Will act as a technical and professional leader; providing guidance, direction and training to process stakeholders as necessary. Will perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Interested in the day to day duties?
What’s your background?
- Liaison/project manager between user community and IT development team.
- Develop project specifications; responsible for full scope of requirement and process reengineering opportunities; understand all Kids II business functions and consider best implementation method; Ensure all departments impacted are considered and have agreed upon proposed development.
- Present project spec to development team and identify resources required and preliminary development schedules.
- Schedule and drive development meetings and status meetings; maintain meetings notes, update specifications as necessary, and communicate to involved team members.
- Track and ensure deliverables (from all departments) are fulfilled.
- Timely communication of development timelines and requirements.
- Ensure management consensus of requirements and development timelines; keep management informed of changes.
- Prepare and maintain user documentation, schedule and drive user testing, and schedule and drive training meetings.
- Ensure launch date is met, communicated, and conduct follow-up input from user community.
Want to know more?
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility in response to change.
- Able to consistently meet internal deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functional lines
- Strong skills in planning, tracking, and controlling project processes, e.g. Initiation, Execution, Closing, Risk/Issues, Scope, Quality, Integration, Time Management.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- Ability to stay poised when dealing with business partners and senior executives
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Working knowledge of MS Project in planning and tracking project schedules
- Intermediate to advanced skills with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Exercises direct supervision over staff
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace