Kids II, Inc. - Sr Designer, Toy
Kids II is looking for a Senior Designer with the ability to create, develop and refine product concepts and designs. The ideal candidate will interface with cross functional team members to successfully manage the design process as well as present concepts and design solutions to the management team. This is who we are… Are you one of us?
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012! Still Interested?
The ideal candidate for the Senior Designer role will have 5-7 years of professional design experience. Also, the individual will exhibit the usage & knowledge of various design software.
In addition, the individual will create drawings, sketches, & renderings to convey new product designs and ideas to the design management team as well as other departments for review. Other detailed tasks associated with the position are not limited to, but include the following:
What’s your background?
- Determine and refine the playability, marketability, and safety of product concepts.
- Prepare control drawings, material and color specs, CAD data, and any additional information for the construction of prototypes and tooling models
- Participate in, as well as lead, brainstorming sessions with the design group to generate new product ideas.
- Work with and communicate effectively with cross functional team members (in order to negotiate and secure higher design goals).
- Other tasks include mentoring Jr. Designers & managing interns.
Want to know more?
- Required BS or BA in Industrial Design, Product Design, or Toy Design.
- 5-7 years professional design/product development experience (preferably within the Toy & Juvenile products industries).
- Must be highly proficient in Alias and/or Solidworks CAD programs (working knowledge of Pro-E is a plus).
- Solid command of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator programs as well as sketch programs (such as SketchBook Pro, SketchBook Designer or Corel Painter) are a must.
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date. FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK OR A PDF OF YOUR PORTFOLIO.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER