Kids II, Inc. - Sales Analyst
At Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community.
Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique.
This is who we are. Are you one of us?
Discover the newest opening in our Canada office!
Working in the Kids II Toronto office, the ideal Sales & Planning Analyst will be responsible for developing key product metrics to better assist the organization in line planning and identifying current item risk assessment. This includes evaluating promotional opportunities, developing forecasting methodologies for estimating potential financial performance, & operating as key interface between Kids II and the customer planning teams. You will be involved with establishing relationships with account planners in an effort to drive business by improving replenishment strategies and retail inventory.
Interested in the day to day duties?
- Generate item-level and account-level forecasts for assigned accounts.
- Perform monthly forecast review to identify forecast exceptions and other issues.
- Work with sales managers to ensure all set quantities, promotions, item expansions and exits, as well as supplemental forecast is up-to-date and NIS opportunities are identified.
- Provide key performance reports and ad hoc analysis for assigned accounts as necessary (POS reports, inventory reports, ladder plans, order recommendations, lost sales, promotions, scorecards, etc.).
- Generate trend reports and analysis to help determine changes to replenishment strategies, determine necessary forecast changes, and recommend changes to the assortment as necessary.
- Communicate with key account planners and assistant buyers as necessary (to ensure short and long-range forecasting is aligned).
- Review and compare customer forecast and Kids II forecast (to identify key differences, determine reasons for differences, and drive to a consensus forecast).
- Lead monthly forecast review meetings with Sales Manager, Inventory team, and Director of Sales Planning and Analysis (that focus on next 90-day forecast assumptions, as well as review trends, forecast adjustments, and open issues relating to the account).
- Drive the best mix of product (revenue/margin) on the shelf.
- Analyze market positioning, placement of product, and competitive product data in an effort to produce product launch forecasts.
- Maintain and communicate competitive threat data to Sales and Product Management
- Compare rates of sale across customers on common product to determine where gaps exist in placement and promotion.
What’s your background?
Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Sales, Business Administration or related field and 3 to 5 years of related experience
Want to know more?
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace