Kids II, Inc. - Brand Copywriter
At Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community.
Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
Our new offices, located in the heart of Buckhead/Atlanta, accommodates Kids II’s rapid growth and product expansion with state-of-the-art equipment, a modern product showroom and other unique features that foster the company’s energetic culture. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. This is who we are. Are you one of us?
In this newly created role you are:
An integral member of the Brand Team. The Copywriter position is responsible for collaborating with a variety of teams at Kids II to develop unique, first-rate copy and messaging systems to elevate all brands. This position provides the opportunity to work in a dynamic industry with an upbeat, fast paced environment. Our ideal Copywriter is creative, innovative, strategic, and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously. Copy that is written for Kids II will be utilized in our world-class, brand-building efforts. Interested in the day to day duties?
· Establish clearly differentiated “voice” for each brand in the Kids II portfolio and corresponding content
· Build the story of new platforms, collections, innovations, and features that need to be positioned as part of the sell-in and consumer marketing process
· Partner with brand and product teams on messaging hierarchy strategy
· Develop “headlines” for POP and advertising copy
· Help solve packaging copy issues (editing length, adding creative flair, and mastering “consumer friendly” language)
· Author product descriptions used on Kids II and retailer websites so they meet competitive standards for creativity and excellence
· Partner with brand and product on naming – participate in brainstorms; generate options for team review; solve creative challenges on names
· Develop messaging guidelines to support consistency in the organization
· Proofread all brand content for accuracy, as well as consistency and clarity of brand style
· Perform special writing projects as assigned What’s your background?
Along with your Bachelor of Arts in English, Journalism, Advertising or related area of expertise, including Copywriting specific degrees and 3+ years previous copy writing experience other desired attributes and skills include:
· Creative, strategic thinker with a superior grasp of grammar and attention to detail
· Ability to think both conceptually and strategically
· Experience writing high level copy, developing and expanding the voice of each brand
· Has strong understanding of brand voice and can convey in all copy written for each brand, whether online, in print or interactive marketing channels
· Sound understanding of graphic design the correlation between textual and visual elements
· Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Want to know more?
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace