Kids II, Inc. - Director of Tax
Discover our newest opening! In this newly created role as a Director of Tax
you will need to be responsive as well as adaptive to the changes & needs of the dynamic rapid growth of our environment. Your sound financial knowledge, analytical skills, strategic abilities, & confidence are necessary to manage conflicting priorities. You will also establish new precedence & initiatives, in addition to make recommendations & execute plans based on analysis. This role will require you to be involved in the preparation & analysis of accurate tax returns for the numerous Company income, sales, & properties. This is who we are…Are you one of us?
At Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012!
Our new offices, located in the heart of Buckhead/Atlanta, accommodates Kids II’s rapid growth and product expansion with state-of-the-art equipment, a modern product showroom and other unique features that foster the company’s energetic culture. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table. The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. Still Interested?Discover our newest opening!
In this newly created role as Director of Tax you will need to be responsive and adaptive to the changes and needs of a dynamic, rapid growth environment. Your sound financial and analytical skills, strategic abilities and confidence are necessary to manage conflicting priorities, establish new precedence and initiatives, make recommendations and execute plans based on analysis. You will be involved in the preparation and analysis of accurate tax returns for the numerous Company income, sales, property, indirect and related statutory filing requirements in the US and internationally. If you want a tax role that has a large international piece, this is it! Our current country specific requirements include Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Hong Kong, China, Japan, United Kingdom, United States and South Africa and involve corporations, flow through entities, trusts and partnerships. Kids II expansion plans include multiple countries in Latin America, Europe and Asia. Interested in the day to day duties?
What’s your background?
- Prepare and review returns for the Company’s income tax reporting, benefit plans, foundations, property tax, sales tax and various state and local tax requirements
- Develop and publish global tax calendar and maintain compliance with established deadlines
- Promote tax efficiencies involving direct taxes (Income), Customs/Duty (Cross border) and transactional (VAT) taxes
- Review local statutory books and related tax adjustments, maintain monthly subsidiary records and ledgers for accounts with differences between book and tax treatment; maintain subsidiary ledgers for withholding taxes and allowances, accumulated earnings and profits and previously taxed income
- Prepare and review the consolidated annual and quarterly global tax provision, including recording, categorizing and monitoring the global FAS109 and FIN48 positions
- Analyze and report on a monthly basis the Company’s compliance with transfer pricing guidelines
- Ensure compliance with country specific transactional (EDI) reporting requirements as appropriate
- Calculate effective tax rate used internally for cash flow forecasting and remittance of estimated tax payments
- Respond to inquiries from local regulatory authorities and assist in tax audits.
- Maintain current research and calculation of available Foreign Tax Credits, Research and Development Credits, Job Credits, Retraining Credits, etc.
Want to know more?
- CPA, MST or JD with at least 10 years of broad tax experience
- Experience in complex US and International tax operations
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communications skills. You must be able to multi-task and to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Hands on, hard working and self initiated results oriented capabilities
- Proactive and driven, open and direct communicator
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace