Kids II, Inc. - 2013 IT Intern
The Kids II IT Department is currently looking to hire an IT Intern. This position will successfully assist the Information Technology team with the installation and support of personal computers and associated software. The Intern will be mentored and trained in troubleshooting techniques, IT principals, and administration of various IT systems. The Intern will be partnered with an experienced IT Administrator and will be exposed to all the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique.Interested in the day to day duties?
What’s your background?
- Procedure documentation
- Researching, ordering and installing IT equipment such as PC’s Printers, and Peripherals
- Hardware and software troubleshooting. Support includes computers, printers, scanners and other peripheral devices in both office and factory environments.
- Assist end users with computer problems and questions.
- Testing and installing software packages
- Testing and deploying software upgrades
- Triaging support calls escalated to Infrastructure Services by the Help Desk.
Want to know more?
- Student working towards a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a sophomore standing or higher
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software troubleshooting. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Active Directory, and local area networks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of office and plant staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team/cooperative development efforts
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace