Kids II, Inc. - Consumer Insights Manager
Do you love finding out what makes consumers tick? Are you an expert in Marketing Research techniques? As our Consumer Insights Manager, you will lead a team responsible for helping Kids II stay engrossed in the world of parents and children. Your insights will guide our industry-leading product development and brand strategy teams. This is who we are…Are you one of us?
Look no further! Be a part of Kids II history which shows over 40 years of success, growth & recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant & toddler products as we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe. As an employee, you want to be the most important piece of our business because they have helped establish & enhance our culture, & still continue to do so every day. If you like working within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table then this is the place for you!
Be part of a growing organization who hosts volunteer opportunities & social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie outside the workplace to promote the sense of comfort & support that enhances teamwork? At Kids II, we also have company-wide awards ceremonies so that we take time to recognize the talent, effort & dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012! Interested in the day to day duties?
The ideal candidate for the Consumer Insights Manager will oversee all aspects of Consumer Insights for the Company.
In addition, developing & driving annual research plans as well as budgeting to support the product development, brand strategy, & sales efforts of the Company are also required. Other detailed tasks associated with the position are not limited to, but include the following:
What’s your background?
- Responsible for monitoring department expenditures and managing the company budget for marketing research efforts.
- Serve as the Company’s technical research expert, advising the company on proper research techniques, execution, and interpretation.
- Consumer Insights Manager will directly execute advanced research projects and will oversee Market Research Analysts executing routine projects. (Research methodologies include but are not limited to: to Focus Groups, Ethnographic Research, In-Home Consumer Use Studies, Web Based Surveys, Mall Intercepts, In-Store Consumer Behavior Research, and In-Depth Interviews. Qualitative moderating experience strongly preferred.)
- Perform and/or oversee qualitative and quantitative analysis of consumer research data to provide recommendations as they relate to marketing, sales, and product development efforts. Advise marketing, product development, and sales when consumer needs are not being met.
- Analyze brand tracker and consumer segmentation data for consumer and retailer insights. Lead additional research efforts to fully exploit data; conduct brand positioning studies to maximize marketplace opportunity. Prior experience in brand positioning research required.
- Develop and cultivate a leading-edge supplier network for Kids II, and negotiate best pricing on projects and contracts.
- Create a knowledge management system that is efficient for the insights team and cross-functional team members to utilize as an ongoing tool and company archive.
- Work collaboratively with the Retail Marketing Director to package consumer research findings as a sell-in tool.
- Other duties associated with the position involve working with outside vendors to maintain an online panel of core consumers to support research efforts.
Want to know more?
- B.A. or B.S. specializing in marketing research or related field required.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Seven + years of experience in marketing research in a consumer products industry.
- Leads & mentors 2 Marketing Research Analysts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & applicable laws.
- Experience with Qualtrics survey hosting preferred.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, terminating & training employees; planning, assigning, & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
Kids II is a company that pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees & our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership & community. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents & our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
Because we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. The energy & commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated & fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard & playing hard—that makes our people truly unique.
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace