Kids II, Inc. - Director of Demand Planning
The Director of Demand Planning will be responsible for the management of the Demand Planning team to coordinate sales processes and direct the activities of the demand planners to create the demand plans and forecasts for our global key retailers and insure forecast accuracy goals are met. This is who we are. Are you one of us?
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012!
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. Still Interested?
The Director of Demand Planning will be responsible for direct collaboration with Sales Analysts & Sales Managers globally. This position will implement “Best Practices” globally to improve legacy item forecasting, product roadmap planning, and promotional analysis/recommendations. This is the anchor role of the overall order fulfillment process working with customers, suppliers and distribution to assure on time delivery to our customers. In addition, the individual will work collaboratively with the Supply Chain team to determine the appropriate finished goods inventory levels required to maintain proper service levels while keeping working capital investments in line with corporate goals. Other detailed tasks associated with the position are not limited to, but include the following:
- Develop and manage the Demand Planning and Promotional Planning Processes to improve forecast accuracy and drive incremental sales growth by determining key market needs/trends.
- Develop methodologies for forecasting Key accounts vs. 2nd tier to improve resource utilization and increase top-line forecast accuracy and improve working capital.
- Develop detailed monthly & annual demand forecasts for products globally.
- Responsible for daily/weekly forecast management based upon POS trends.
- Monitor & address processes to achieve a high standard of forecast accuracy at the SKU/Account level.
- Work with Analysts to develop more accurate initial launch plans based on like item historical models, RCA & competitive activities, & specific retail POG layouts & competitive review.
- Maintain lean inventory levels while meeting on time delivery goals to customers.
- Review excess, slow moving, & obsolete inventory.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Analysis to develop strategies to minimize the impact.
- Produce weekly status & performance reports relevant to demand planning processes.
- Develop monthly/quarterly review process to evaluate forecast error.
- Oversee monthly review cycles to insure product trending as well as all external factors that are incorporated into the forecasting process
- Initiate changes to improve performance and support the organization in meeting cost, quality and delivery goals.
Additional task include managing a team of Demand Planners in successfully meeting the company’s financial goals and forecast accuracy targets, develop better tracking mechanisms to respond to product trending more rapidly, & manage the Demand Management Reporting process. What’s your background?
Want to know more?
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required MS Excel (intermediate); MS Word; Internet.
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred.
- Preferred experience with forecast/demand planning software; Retailer POS systems (Wal-Mart Retail Link, Target Partners On-Line, PIN).
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals.
- Writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and apply basic statistical modeling methods and retail math calculations and concepts (annual turn, in-stock, sell-through, margin).
- Ability to apply mathematical operations involving frequency distribution, sampling theory, variance analysis, FMEA and basic statistics.
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace