Kids II, Inc. - Director, Brand Management & Licensing
At Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community.
Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012!
Our new offices, located in the heart of Buck head/Atlanta, accommodates Kids II’s rapid growth and product expansion with state-of-the-art equipment, a modern product showroom and other unique features that foster the company’s energetic culture. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique.
This is who we are. Are you one of us? Discover our newest opening!
With all of our growth, we have a great opportunity for someone who is willing to drive the development of a brand management team and Kids II brand portfolio, including seven brands across multiple juvenile products categories in gear, toy and soft goods. You will be accountable for the delivery of targeted, brand-building initiatives and brand growth, and achieving operational excellence within the department and cross-functional team leadership. Interested in the day to day duties? Let’s break it down by the functional areas so you can get a clear vision of this role… Business Leadership
- Develop a three-year Kids II portfolio strategy, including three-year financial projections and category road maps that can deliver 20% annual growth to the Company. Strategy to be updated annually during planning cycle.
- Identify business growth opportunities, including new channels, new markets and licensing partnerships and assign opportunity to the Kids II brand most aligned to the proposition, including business case and strategic rationale.
- Manage resources and priorities for the team, including the utilization of external freelancers/agencies to deliver timely projects and results to the organization while staying on budget.
- Review sales performance of key launches and work with brand managers to improve ROS, utilizing consumer marketing and account specific marketing drivers.
- Work with team to conduct marketplace assessments, competitive SWOT analyses, and consumer research to inform business decisions and respond to changes in the business environment.
- Spearhead cross-functional team collaboration to drive key brand initiatives, particularly in product, surface design and packaging.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations on strategic brand initiatives monthly.
- Leverage segmentation research to drive portfolio decisions, consumer marketing efforts and sales strategy with retailers.
- Conduct brand positioning work to fuel category expansion, ensure brand alignment and facilitate brand evolution.
- Develop brand awareness goals for the portfolio and measure gains annually.
- Create a portfolio-level marketing plan each fall, including overarching strategies to drive the business objectives and detailed, tactical calendar of support and budgets.
- Ensure flawless execution of brand marketing campaigns led by the team, including consumer-facing and retailer-driven activities.
- Develop media mix, budgets and ROI goals for marketing tactics (consumer and retailer driven); assist team with measuring the effectiveness of plans, launch programs, and individual campaign components, such as digital, PR, videos, retailer promotions and advertising strategies, including television.
- Elevate brand manager deliverables within Kids II, including product naming architecture, packaging and POP messaging, style guide development and brand guardrails.
- Ensure each brand’s visual identity is highly differentiated across all touch points, clearly articulated and leveraged in all communications opportunities.
- Manage roll-up of marketing budget across the entire portfolio, ensuring compliance with allocated resources and proper reconciliation of all invoices.
- Develop new licensee relationships that support the three-year growth vision of Kids II, including recommending new categories for brand expansion and targeted prospects who are best in class partners. Acquire at least two new licensees annually, and achieve revenue targets.
- Oversee relationship with four current licensing partners, ensuring asset creation, product development, marketing and licensing revenue meet expectations.
- Attend licensing shows and networking functions necessary to generate leads and develop in-bound and out-bound licensing opportunities.
- Own contract development and negotiations; ensure Kids II and its partners are meeting all contractual obligations.
- Oversee development of compelling sales materials, including collateral and videos, that showcase the Kids II portfolio vision and each brand’s business opportunity for retailers.
- Align with retail marketing team on sales call strategy and ensure team is adequately prepared to deliver targeted content and visual direction.
- Lead brand strategy and marketing discussion during key sales calls, as appropriate.
What’s your background?
- Serve as a high-performance leader of the brand team and cross-functional teams
- Identify high potential candidates and plan for further development
- Mentor direct reports and coordinator support
For this role you will have Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Marketing or Business from a four-year college or university; MBA degree preferred. You must bring to the table at least 10+ years of experience in marketing, with a minimum of six years in a Brand Management role in a consumer-facing industry/CPG. Direct, prior licensing experience strongly preferred as we continue to grow our licensing business. Want to know more?
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section.
Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace