Kids II, Inc. - Vice President of Engineered Soft Goods
At Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community.
Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products and most recently an Atlanta Business Chronicle Best Place to Work in 2012. Today, we span across 13 international offices on six continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
Our new offices, located in the heart of Buckhead, accommodates Kids II’s rapid growth and product expansion with state-of-the-art equipment, a modern product showroom and other unique features that foster the company’s energetic culture. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. This is who we are. Are you one of us?
As the Vice President of Engineered Soft Goods you will have responsibility for Design, Engineering, Packaging and Product Management for Kids II Engineered Soft Goods products. You will be responsible for overall growth and profit of the category. You will create the full vision for the category including retail space, new product development, ROI and outline future growth. Interested in the day to day duties?
What’s your background?
- Management of the Design, Engineering, Packaging and Product Management teams or utilizing shared services with gear teams both in the US and with Kids II Far East operations
- Establish new vendor manufacturing relationships in Asia and manage vendor evaluations and development to global standards
- Responsible for the sales performance and defective rates of product lines
- Product Development and SKU rationalization, ROI and obsolescence of product lines from cradle to grave
- Intellectual property management
- Cost Management to include, vendor negotiations, value engineering and cost reductions
- Resolve any inter-departmental and cross functional product strategy and tactical issues including working with Sales, Marketing, and Kids II International Affiliates
- Responsible for overall domestic and international category strategy
- Line plan development
- Strategic planning for Executive Product Meetings to focus on confirmation of decisions and programs
- Budget development and management
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; plus 15+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid experience in Asia, including experience working with manufacturers in the region. You will have come from the consumer products industry and had held similar level position within the international consumer products industry (toy/juvenile preferred). Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer, Marketing, Business or other related degree required with MBA a plus.
You will have demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others in an innovative and changing environment. People management, including hiring the best people and motivate and grow high performance teams Want to know more?
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section. Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace