Kids II, Inc. - Senior Developer
Would you like to join our world-class IT team and be a part of a Global organization that is leading innovation? We are looking for a Senior Developer/ Applications Manager with management experience and seasoned development skills with a strong appreciation for Agile development methodology. This individual will be a core member of the Kids II IT team, leading IT projects including applications development, database application development, infrastructure, and web development. The ideal candidate will work with the business stakeholders and other IT team members to ensure developments meet best practices and achieve results to meet and exceed expectations. This role will utilize technical knowledge, development skills and experience, effective analyst skills and business acumen. This is who we are. Are you one of us?
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012! Still Interested?
The ideal qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate proficient understanding & functions of relational databases (SQL Server & Oracle). Duties in a typical work day as the Senior Applications Developer would involve developing communications between multiple databases while willing to learn & adopt new application development tools.
What’s your background?
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, VB.Net, ASP.net, Winforms, and SQL
- Write server side scripts (table creation, trigger creation, stored procedure creation & index creation)
- Writes functional requirements for systems in standard template format.
- Ability to manage projects, gathers requirements from various departments, and ensures projects are completed and implemented properly.
- Directly managing staff, including assignments, guidance and skill development. Accountable for performance metrics of all direct reports.
- Implementing and providing guidance related to development processes and policies, overseeing the work of team and working with other department leaders to deliver technical solutions.
- Making recommendations and taking the lead for system and process improvements.
- Developing policies and procedures for the developers.
- Monitoring adherence to standards, procedures and policies.
- Training and mentoring direct reports.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs project management functions: coordinates multiple small technology project(s) or a single large (complex) project including applications development, database development, infrastructure, and web development.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and controlling of project activities to meet project objectives using Scrum/Agile methodology
- Interfaces with project sponsor(s), internal team members, client, and vendor project team members to develop and maintain project management documents
- Helps manage stakeholder expectations based upon plans and actual work results
Want to know more?
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from 4 year college or university
- 7+ years development and IT experience is required
- 5+ years of Management experience specifically in IT application implementation and development
- Software development experience with SharePoint, .NET (VB.NET), MS Visual Studio, Java
-Experience with Microsoft Project
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Project Management experience or PMP Certification is a plus
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com
for more information and open positions in the career section.
Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace